One of the keys to career success for a new grad is to have a resume with a couple of good internships. Especially in today’s job market, employers are successfully using internships as a way to find good candidates for long term career and leadership development programs. Internships are a really good way to find out more about what employers want.
Your goal is to convert your internship into a full time career offer.
With that in mind TheHBCUCareerCenter offers these quick “Be’s” for internship success:
1. Be willing to go above and beyond
2. Be ready to learn from those with experience
3. Be aware of your surroundings
4. Be open to learning new things
5. Be a team player
6. Be quick to volunteer
7. Be unwavering about doing good work
8. Be sure to make connections and network
9. Be gracious about doing less than glamorous work
10. Be a good representative for your college. The future relationship between this employer and your university will depend a lot on your behavior during the summer internship.
Read more about “Internship Behavior You Might Live to Regret”.