An interview is an opportunity for the company to learn about you, and for you to learn about them. It’s an EXCHANGE of information where both you and the company explore a potential “relationship.” The process of interviewing allows both the interviewer and the candidate to get the information they need to make good employment decision.
- Why do you want to work with us? Questions to verify your motivation and interest in the company
- What can you do for us? Questions to know whether or not you have the skills to excel at the job.
- Who are you? Questions to know whether or not you will be a good “fit” for the company
The interviewer wants to:
- Learn more about your background -education, experience, career goals
- Give you information about the company
- Determine if you and the company/position are a good match
You are hoping:
- To present information about yourself
- To solicit information about the company
- To determine if the company is a good match for you.
More on interviewing!