The National Association of Colleges and Employers (naceweb.org) say that employer hiring of new college grads will be up 7.8% this year. If you are one of those college grads looking for work this year you should be thinking – “There is a job out there for me and I am going to find it.”
Checklist for College Grads
1. Meet employers on campus
2. Ask for reference letters
3. Plan a meaningful spring break in that final year before graduation
4. Do Mock Interviews in the career center
5. Ponder grad school
6. Get your professional attire together
7. Get your resume, cover letters and portfolio together
8. Think internships. College grads should know that it is still ok to do internships after graduation.
9. Explore a gap year alternative
10. HBCU college grads should explore niche job boards like The HBCU Career Center.