The Video Resume, does not replace a traditional paper resume, but can enhance the presentation of your skills to employers. Here are some tips on using a Video Resume:
1. Check with the college career center. They may already have video capabilities for helping students with mock interviews.
4. Dress professionally in business attire, just as if you were going to an in-person job interview. This is not YouTube.
5. Keep your video resume short at no more than three minutes.
6. Look at the camera not at the desk or table below you. It may take several turns before you are satisfied with your video resume.
7. Don’t speak too quickly. Speak clearly and ennunciate.
8. Practice what you’re going to say ahead of time as you would for a job interview.
9. Be sure to state your name (first and last). Use your 30-second introduction.
10. Focus on your professional endeavors, not your personal life.
11. Discuss your job skills and your value to the company or industry.
12. Thank the viewer for considering you as a job seeker.
13. Make sure there you are in a quiet space and that the background is not too busy or distracting.