The fall semester before graduation is always the time for collge students to be thinking about doing job interviews on campus. Most college students don’t know it, but the fall before commencement is the key recruiting period for major employers. The folks in your campus career center know this and have probably scheduled employers to conduct job interviews on campus.
To be honest, the career center takes most of the leg work out of the job search process for the students by actually making sure employers are on the interview schedule. For students who don’t want to commute beyond the career center, this is one of the best stategies for landing a job beyond graduation. Participating in job interviews on campus, is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
Why Employers Do Job Interviews on Campus?
1. They hired former students for internships and careers through interviews on campus
2. Your college has a large number of students in targeted college majors to fill job interview schedules on campus
3. Your campus career center staff have excellent reputation for helping companies meet qualified candidates when they do job interview on campus.
Job Interviews on Campus in 3 Easy Steps
1. Register with your career center (find your HBCU Career Centers here)
2. Develop the appropriate materials like resumes and cover letters
3. Apply for and sign up for job interviews on campus through the career center.